Today is …
National Coast Guard Day and American Family Day
Countdown to the Crimson Tide’s 2019 opener
Did you notice?
• More updates on the Crimson Tide swimmers competing at the U.S. Nationals:
• Punter Mike Bernier graduated on Saturday and posted on Instagram: “I am excited to announce that I will be returning to Alabama for my 5th and final season of football while perusing my masters degree in marketing.” However, he’s not listed on the Crimson Tide roster.
• AL.com reported late Saturday night that former Alabama outside linebacker Eyabi Anoma has committed to Houston.
• Former Alabama women’s tennis player Alexa Guarachi won a gold medal in mixed doubles with partner Nicolas Jarry, while representing Chile at the 2019 Pan American Games in Lima, Peru. They defeated Noelia Zeballos and Federico Zeballos of Bolivia, 6-1, 6-3.
• Crimson Tide senior Alba Cortina Pou won the singles title of the Belulla Open in her home country of Spain. Despite being unseeded she defeated four seeded players including No. 5 Nora Ayala Serra in the title match.
• Kristen Gillman shot 66 during the third round of the Women’s British Open and is tied for 18th.
• Mack Wilson appears to be off to a good start with the Cleveland Browns:
• We’ll leave you with this from Quinnen Williams …
On this date in Crimson Tide history:
August 4, 1955: Bob Baumhower, the former Alabama standout, All-Pro defensive lineman and restaurant owner, was born in Portsmouth, Va.
Crimson Tide quote of the day:
“It’s fun. It’s awesome to finally get to use a helmet.” — Tua Tagovailoa on training camp starting up