Today is …
National Get Out of the Dog House Day
Countdown to the Crimson Tide’s 2019 opener
Did you notice?
• An early look at one of Alabama’s media guide covers for the 2019 season:
• Incoming freshmen Thomas Ponder and Tyler Lipscomb will tee off at the U.S. Junior Amateur at Inverness Club, Toledo, Ohio, on Monday morning.
• Tommy Hunter’s injury problems with the Philadelphia Phillies continue:
• Chicago Bears defensive back Eddie Jackson has on his twitter bio (@BoJack39) “I want revenge #bounceback" regarding the end of last season.
• WKRG in Mobile caught up with AJ McCarron when he was in town over the weekend:
On this date in Crimson Tide history:
July 15, 1972: Paul “Bear” Bryant and Georgia Tech athletic director Bobby Dodd announce their teams will play annually from 1979-86. The two squads had not met since the annual series was terminated in 1964, but the two coaches had talked about renewing the series since becoming more amicable in 1970. … Also, he didn’t play for Alabama, but legendary wide receiver John Stallworth was born in Tuscaloosa on this date in 1952.
Crimson Tide quote of the day:
"I don't know if I'll ever get tired of football. One time I thought I might. . . I was out there on the practice field wondering whether football had passed me by. Then I heard the Million Dollar Band playing over on the practice field. When they started playing 'Yea, Alabama,' I got goose bumps all over me. I looked out there and those young rascals in those crimson jerseys, and I just wanted to thank God for giving me the opportunity to coach and contribute in some small way at my alma mater and be a part of the University of Alabama tradition." — Paul W. “Bear” BryantWhen asked if he would ever tire of coaching football.