Today is …
Our birthday! On this day last year BamaCentral.com was officially launched (right around lunchtime, too). Thank you for being here.
Countdown to the Crimson Tide’s 2019 opener
Did you notice?
• Alabama long-snapper Thomas Fletcher did his version of the Bottle Cap Challenge, an online attempt to unscrew a bottle cap in the most unusual way.
• LSU quarterback Joe Burrow is the early leader for best interview at SEC media days. Check out the SI.com piece by Ross Dellenger: "LSU's Toughest Renaissance Man and Maybe Savior at QB"
• Former Clemson quarterback, now at Missouri, Kelly Bryant said he wasn’t surprised that Clemson won big against Alabama in the National Championship Game: “I knew those guys had a great game plan going into the game,” he said. “Just talking to them, they felt good about it. It didn’t surprise me any that the game ended the way it did.” Bryant said he still talks to some of his former teammates every day.
• Look for Julio Jones’ contract talks to finally heat up:
• We’ll leave you with this …
On this date in Crimson Tide history:
July 16, 1989: Days before he was due to arrive at Alabama for orientation, prize signee Deon McLeod died in a drowning accident near his hometown of Ozark. McLeod, projected to be a defensive lineman in college, had starred for the Alabama team in the high school all-star game against Mississippi.
Crimson Tide quote of the day:
"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts." – Paul W. “Bear” Bryant