Today is …
National Making Life Beautiful Day
Countdown to the Crimson Tide’s 2019 opener
Did you notice?
• Matt Zenitz of AL.com reported that Alex Mortensen, who was part of Alabama’s support staff from 2014-18, has rejoined the staff as an offensive analyst. Last year he was the wide receivers coach for the Birmingham Iron.
• Former Alabama swingman Tevin Mack has a new basketball home as a graduate transfer:
• Former Crimson Tide quarterback Andrew Zow has been named the new head coach at Bessemer City High School.
• Lester Cotton Sr. seems to like being in black:
• … so does Isaiah Buggs:
• … but then there’s Landon Collins:
• The Alabama Athletics Ticket Office announced that season tickets and mini-plans for the upcoming 2019 football season are on sale now. The season tickets are for the Century Club seating area in the south upper end zone, and are not renewable for the 2020 season.Season tickets include access to all seven games on the home schedule while mini-plans are available in packages of three or five games. For more information call (205) 348-BAMA.
• How’s this for a story tease?
On this date in Crimson Tide history:
June 11, 2012: Alabama athletics came off NCAA probation following violations of the textbook disbursement policy. Specifically, the NCAA had placed Alabama’s football program and 15 other of the school’s athletic teams on three years probation for major violations due to misuse of free textbooks. The penalty included stripping the Crimson Tide of 21 football wins over a three-year period.
Crimson Tide quote of the day:
"Here's a moment you dream about happening, and here it was staring at us in the face. Gut-check time. Coach always preached it, jaw-to-jaw, cheek-to-cheek. They weren't going anywhere." — Rich Wingo, of the goal-line stand in '79 for the national championship.