Today is … National Wildlife Day
Today’s Crimson Tide schedule
No games scheduled
Crimson Tide results
No games scheduled
Did you notice?
• HBO Sports and NFL Films announced that they’ve partnered to put together a feature-length documentary called “Belichick & Saban: The Art of Coaching,” which will premiere Dec. 10. “Bill Belichick and Nick Saban have become the modern versions of Vince Lombardi and John Wooden – symbols of success not just in sports, but in life,” said Ross Ketover, Chief Executive of NFL Films. “Their lessons on leadership are an inspiration; not just for those of us who love football, but for anyone who wants to thrive at whatever passion they pursue.”
• Alabama freshman cross country runner Allison Wilson was named the Southeastern Conference Women’s Freshman of the Week after posting the top finish by a freshman last weekend at the Brooks Memphis Twilight Classic.
• Tua Tagovailoa was one of eight quarterbacks named a Manning Award Star of the Week. The winner is determined through fan voting on Facebook.
• Former Alabama linebacker Rolando McClain was officially reinstated by the NFL and had his suspension lifted by the commissioner. He’s a free agent after being released by the Dallas Cowboys on Monday.
• Falcons owner Arthur Blank told AJC.com that he hopes to have a contract extension with Julio Jones completed before the season opener this weekend.
• Former Crimson Tide offensive lineman Ross Pierschbacher changed his uniform number with the Washington Redskins from 72 to 64.
• Alabama baseball is having a good week:
• Former Alabama quarterback Jalen Hurts was named the Maxwell Award Player of the Week.
• The Crimson Tide rugby club announced its fall schedule:
• We’ll leave you with this … please try not to curse when you read it:
On this date in Crimson Tide history:
September 4, 1974: Alabama starting quarterback Gary Rutledge was lost for the season after suffering an injury to his right shoulder during a scrimmage, requiring surgery. The Crimson Tide still went undefeated in the regular season for the 13time in school history and won the SEC title.
Crimson Tide quote of the day:
"I grew up pickin’ cotton on my daddy’s farm. To me, football is like a day off.” – Lee Roy Jordan