Today is … National Read A Book Day and National Food Bank Day
Today’s Crimson Tide schedule
• Men’s golf at Carpet Capital Collegiate, Dalton, Ga., all day
• Volleyball at WVU Invitational: vs. Navy, 10 a.m. CT; vs. VCU, 5 p.m.
How to watch, keep up with the Crimson Tide
• Men’s golf at Carpet Capital Collegiate, Dalton, Ga., all day,
Crimson Tide results
Soccer: Virginia Tech 2, Alabama 0
Did you notice?
• A video of Jerry Jeudy making a one-handed catch in practice is making the social media rounds:
• The league office announced that the 2021 SEC Gymnastics Championships will be at the Smoothie King Center in New Orleans. However, it did not announce the date of the meet, which is usually held in late March.
• The No. 21-ranked men’s golf team opens its season at the Carpet Capital Collegiate in Dalton, Ga. This year’s tournament will once again be played at the par 72, 7,180-yard Farm Golf Club. The tournament is slated for 54 holes over three days.
• Tony Brown, ladies and gentlemen:
• According to the Tuscaloosa News, the University of Alabama’s Board of Trustees will consider today whether to increase the budget for the football stadium renovation by approximately $13.5 million, from $92.5 million to $106 million. The increase is due to higher than expected construction costs. The board’s Physical Properties Committee gave preliminary approval for the budget revision on Thursday.
• Nick Saban on his radio show: “I feel like we have seven guys I consider starters in the offensive line. We wanted to experiment to see how people reacted at certain positions. We feel like we’re getting the best five on the field with any of those seven guys playing.”
• Julio Jones is still getting asked about his contract extension:
• Per the Penn State website, the Alabama basketball game on Dec. 14 will be at 1 p.m. CT will be shown on the Big Ten Network.
• Something to keep an eye on …
• We’ll leave you with this …
On this date in Crimson Tide history:
September 6, 1986: A week after steamrolling No. 9 Clemson in Atlanta, Nick Saban’s collegiate career victory No. 100 wasn’t one to remember. Tulane, which was forced out of New Orleans the previous week by Hurricane Gustav, limited the Crimson Tide to 38 yards in the first half and 172 total. An 87-yard punt return for a touchdown by Javier Arenas led Alabama to a 20-6 victor at Bryant-Denny Stadium.
Crimson Tide quote of the day:
“It’s a lot better to be seen than heard. The sun is the most powerful thing I know of and it doesn’t make much noise.” — Paul W. “Bear” Bryant