Today is … National Swap Ideas Day
Today’s Crimson Tide schedule
No games scheduled
Crimson Tide results
No game scheduled
Did you notice?
• At the United States vs. Europe track meet at the Dinamo National Olympic Stadium in Minsk, Belarus, Crimson Tide alum Daniel Haugh took fifth in the hammer throw with a mark of 74.14m/243-3, and Shelby McEwen placed sixth in men's high jump at 2.23m/7-3.75.
• A quick recruiting update:
• Alabama men's golf commitment Canon Claycomb was named to the Junior Presidents Cup team that will compete in Australia.
• The Courier-Journal did an interesting look at all things that had to happen for Sawyer Smith, a former Alabama baseball commitment, to become the starting quarterback at Kentucky. It includes Mac Jones, who was at one point was committed to the Wildcats.
• The Alabama baseball roster has been updated for the 2020 season:
• We’ll leave you with this …
On this date in Crimson Tide history:
You’re getting two today, and they're both big moments in Crimson Tide history:
September 10, 1971: Alabama caught Southern California by surprise when it unveiled the wishbone offense at Los Angeles Coliseum and pulled off a 17-10 victory over the Trojans. Quarterback Terry Davis and running back Johnny Musso led the Crimson Tide, which was welcomed home by thousands jubilant fans. The game was viewed as the catalyst for Alabama's return to football's elite and gave Paul W. “Bear” Bryant career win No. 200. – Bryant Museum
September 10, 2005: Alabama wide receiver Tyrone Prothro made his remarkable catch in which he pinned the ball on the back of a Southern Miss defender.
Crimson Tide quote of the day:
“Be good, or be gone.” – Paul W. “Bear” Bryant