Today is … National Wiener Schnitzel Day
Today’s Crimson Tide schedule
No games scheduled
Crimson Tide results
• Men’s golf at Carpet Capital Collegiate, Dalton, Ga., all day
• Soccer: Alabama 1, Chattanooga 1 (tie)
Did you notice?
• The Crimson Tide men’s golf team finished the 2019 Carpet Capital Collegiate tied for fifth at 883 (296-289-298). Tournament host and third-ranked Georgia Tech won the team title, finishing at 3-under par 861, 20 strokes better than North Florida, Charlotte and East Tennessee State second at 881. Alabama and No. 22 South Carolina rounded out the top five. Sophomore Frankie Capan III, junior Wilson Furr and freshman Thomas Ponder all finished in the top 20 individually.
• A quick note on Julio Jones, who scored his first touchdown of the season on Sunday:
• This is an amazing stat: According to @BamaProUpdatesand Pro Football Reference, former Alabama players had scored 998 touchdowns coming into the 2019 NFL season, including 20 by those who had transferred. Running back Mark Ingram II scored 999, and linebacker C.J. Mosley had No. 1,000 on a pick-six.
On this date in Crimson Tide history:
September 9, 1934: Although head coach Frank Thomas himself was down to 175 pounds after being around 200 the previous season, the average weight of the team was 196 pounds, making it the biggest Crimson Tide squad to date. The reigning SEC champions were led by captains Bill Lee and halfback Dixie Howell, although Joe Riley was beginning to challenge Howell for his starting job during training camp. – Bryant Museum.
Crimson Tide quote of the day:
"Sure I'd like to beat Notre Dame, don't get me wrong. But nothing matters more than beating that cow college on the other side of the state." – Paul W. “Bear” Bryant to a group of boosters before an Auburn game.