SCOTTSDALE –Ryan McMahon delivered the game-winning single with bases loaded in the bottom of the ninth of the Rockies 2-1 victory against the Royals. McMahon went 2-for-3, raising his batting average to an MLB-leading .462.
- Antonio Senzatela is sidelined by an infected blister on his right heel. His status for the start of the season is in question.
- Top pitching prospect Peter Lambert started the game and worked 3 2/3 innings, allowing an unearned run on three hits, striking out two.
- Trevor Story delivered a game-tying sacrifice fly in the sixth and also had a single.
- DJ Johnson, Mike Dunn, Bryan Shaw, Seunghwan Oh, Sam Howard and Ben Bowden combined to work the final 5 1/3 innings, allowing two walks and two hits.
- Jon Gray draws the start against the Brewers on Saturday in Maryville. Former Rockie right-hander Jhloulys Chacin will start for the Brewers.
- Tyler Anderson got his work in on the back field on Friday, allowing three runs, two earned, on four hits and a walk, striking out one. He threw 72 pitches.